To-Dos Before Your Arm Lift Surgery
- Posted on: Oct 9 2014
Are you tired of looking at those annoying flabby arms in the mirror? Do you miss the times when you can still wear tank tops without having to cover up those arms? A brachioplasty could be the perfect cosmetic option for you. Also known as an arm lift, a brachioplasty is one of the most popular plastic surgeries in Salt Lake City, UT because of its promise of slimmer, more contoured arms.
To ensure optimal results, there are certain pre-operative instructions that you have to follow.
- Dr. Yates will advise you to prepare surgical arm compression garments that you will need after your surgery. Make sure that you purchase one that does not only fit you well, but is also comfortable to wear, especially when you are expected to wear this for weeks after your surgery.
- You may not be allowed to use fitting tops for weeks following your brachioplasty. Make sure you prepare comfortable shirts, not necessarily extra large ones, that are loose enough at the sleeves to allow proper healing of your arms.
- Since you will need all the rest and relaxation weeks to months after your surgery, it is best to complete all your household tasks and chores before undergoing an arm lift. The least you would want is to have to strain yourself for undone chores while you are recovering.
- Place all your essentials in easy-to-reach places at home so you will not have to reach far to grab them – medicines, food, and drinks. This is especially helpful when you have to grab some snacks while watching your favorite movies.
- You may notice frequent nauseas after your brachioplasty procedure. Don’t worry. Dr. Yates will prescribe you with nausea pills to be taken an hour before you take your other post-operative medications. Anti-acid medications are also helpful as you recover, so it is best to have them available right at your bedside.
Brachioplasty in Salt Lake City, UT
If those flabby arms do not go away even with diet and exercise, go ahead and consider an arm lift. Dr. Yates can determine if you are eligible for the procedure. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Yates by calling (801) 525-8741 today!
Blog post courtesy of Advice Media.
Posted in: Body Contouring Surgery