Dr. York Yates | Top Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon in Salt Lake City, UT
Plastic Surgeon In Layton, UT
Plastic surgery is a unique medical specialty combining precise surgical skills and decision making with an artist’s eye. As an artist myself, I have been blessed with these skills. My goal is to be the best plastic surgeon that I can for my patients in Utah and surrounding areas. Exceptional plastic surgery results in a personal, comfortable setting.
I have always felt that the best source of new patient referrals is word of mouth. For this reason, I do not advertise heavily as is customary with many plastic surgeons. A happy plastic surgery patient will tell two people they are pleased; an unhappy patient will tell ten they are displeased. To this end, I am a perfectionist and have many happy patients. I hope you will find your visit to our office a comfortable, positive experience.
I would be thrilled to have you as a patient and friend, schedule a consultation today.
The History of Dr. Yates’ Practice
After completing my residency program in Missouri, I excitedly returned to Utah and joined the amazing physicians at the Tanner Clinic, which I had been associated with nearly my whole life. My father has been at Tanner Clinic as a Family Physician for his entire career, and I am proud to follow in his footsteps. For the first several years, we didn’t specialize in anything, in particular, offering a range of services including cosmetic surgery of the face, breast, and body as well as reconstructive surgery and complex hand surgery. As the practice filled, I found that we didn’t have enough time to offer all services, and we limited the scope of our practice to cosmetic surgery of the breast and body. We are grateful to the fine patients who have helped us achieve this goal.
Get to Know Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon Dr. Yates
What Made You Decide To Become A Plastic Surgeon?
I knew I wanted to follow in my fathers’ footsteps and become a doctor from a young age. It was a noble profession and took the brains and focus that I was blessed with. Students are given a taste of the different specialties during medical school, and I was drawn to the surgical specialties immediately. The artistic nature of plastic surgery was particularly appealing, and I soon knew that I would be a plastic surgeon. In hindsight, I feel so blessed with my decision to become a plastic surgeon. I love my job, and I am so happy at work daily.
What Are Your Favorite Procedures To Perform As A Plastic Surgeon?
Although trained in all aspects of plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, and hand surgery, my favorite plastic surgery procedures are essentially “mommy surgeries.” Our most common procedures are also the ones I enjoy the most and have achieved mastery over. This includes breast augmentation, tummy tuck, liposuction, and fat transfer plastic surgery.
What Makes You Unique As A Plastic Surgeon In Salt Lake City?
1. Having a very limited scope of practice has allowed me to become an advanced expert in cosmetic plastic surgery of the breast and body.
2. My key staff has been with me for well over a decade, and patients love them. They have seen it all and can answer any breast and body plastic surgery question a patient can challenge them with.
3. Our patient communication through our patient app is second to none. We are available 24/7 for text/photo and video through our HIPPA secure patient app starting from the first contact.
4. We offer unique, no-intubation, rapid recovery, and anesthesia options. Our patients enjoy the easiest recovery possible after plastic surgery procedures.
How to Find a Good Plastic Surgeon
When looking for a plastic surgeon, the patient would be advised to look for:
1. Board Certification – Specifically, certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
2. Experience – Specifically, experience in the procedure desired.
3. Reviews – Look for reviews and experiences from other patients. Some good review sites are Google, Yelp, Facebook, and RealSelf. Please don’t use reviews as your only source of information; as terrible as it sounds, fake reviews are common. Needless to say, Dr. Yates never has and will never solicit false reviews.
4. Photos – Look at the photo gallery to ensure the plastic surgeon has consistent results, particularly for results that you would be happy with. Caution with Instagram as editing software is used frequently. Again, Dr. Yates would never consider photo editing to enhance results.
5. Cost – Although you usually get what you pay for, more expensive is not always better. In our office, we are transparent with pricing, listing common costs directly on the website. We are always willing to provide expected costs in advance of the consult.
6. Ethics – Things don’t always go as expected, and revisions are often necessary. Ask your plastic surgeon for their revision policy and what portion of that procedure cost the patient should be expected to pay.
7. Personality – Your relationship with your plastic surgeon can last decades; hopefully, he/she has a personality you would enjoy.
More About Dr. Yates
🎨 I love being a plastic surgeon and am passionate about what I do.
🎯 I am an uncompromising perfectionist.
🙏 Happy patients and amazing results make me happier than you know. Reviews make me giddy.
🤷♂️ I am skeptical of new technology. If something sounds too good to be true, it typically is. I research and vet devices thoroughly before offering them to my patients.
🤕 I hate complications but admit that I have them. I believe we are to be judged not only by how we treat our happiest of patients but how we treat our patients with less than perfect outcomes. My patients with complications have VIP status in my mind
🌎 I have a distrust of social media and secretly hope it disappears. I am glad my practice started before social media and am so grateful I can sustain my practice with word of mouth referrals rather than relying on silly social media posts.
⏰ I am planning on roughly 10 more years of practice. I have been told by many that I have more energy than anyone they know. I plan to go full throttle to the very end.
Dr. Yates was born and raised in Davis County, Utah. He completed his undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. Graduating at the top of his class, he had the opportunity to pursue his training in Plastic Surgery directly out of medical school. During his six years of postgraduate plastic surgery training at the University of Missouri, he received a broad experience in all aspects of Plastic Surgery, including cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, microsurgery, and hand surgery.
Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery is THE ONLY board that certifies plastic surgeons.
Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Only board-certified plastic surgeons are eligible for membership.
Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Only board-certified plastic surgeons with an emphasis on cosmetic surgery are eligible.
Member of the AMA and UMA
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
University of Missouri, Columbia 1997 – 2003 99th percentile national inservice examination
University of Missouri, Columbia – 2003
University of Utah School of Medicine 1993 – 1997
- Magna Cum Laude
- Four-year scholarship
After training, Dr. Yates returned to join the excellent physicians of Tanner Clinic in Layton, Utah. Among other reasons, Dr. Yates returned to have the opportunity to work alongside his father, a family practice physician in the clinic.