York Yates, M.D. | Utah Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon in Utah
Plastic surgery is a unique medical specialty combining precise surgical skills and decision making with an artist’s eye. An artist myself, I have been blessed with these skills. It is always my goal to be the best plastic surgeon that I can for my patients in Utah and surrounding areas. Exceptional plastic surgery results in a personal, comfortable setting.
I have always felt that the best source of new patient referrals is word of mouth. For this reason, I do not advertise heavily as is customary with many plastic surgeons. A happy plastic surgery patient will tell two people they are pleased; an unhappy patient will tell ten they are displeased. To this end, I am a perfectionist and have many happy patients. I hope you will find your visit to our office a comfortable, positive experience.
I would be thrilled to have you as a patient and friend, schedule a consultation today.
The history of Dr. Yates practice
Completing my residency program in Missouri, I excitedly returned to Utah and joined the amazing physicians at the Tanner Clinic which I had been associated with nearly my whole life. My father has been at Tanner Clinic as a Family Physician for his entire career, and I am proud to follow his footsteps. For the first several years we didn’t specialize in anything, in particular, offering a range of services including cosmetic surgery of the face, breast, and body as well as reconstructive surgery and complex hand surgery. As the practice filled, I found that we didn’t have enough time to offer all services, and we limited the scope of our practice to cosmetic surgery of the breast and body. We are grateful to the fine patients who have helped us achieve this goal.
Get to Know Plastic Surgeon Dr. York Yates
What made you decide to become a plastic surgeon?
From a young age, I knew I wanted to follow in my fathers’ footsteps and become a doctor. It was a noble profession and took the brains and focus that I was blessed with. During medical school, students are given a taste of the different specialties and I was drawn to the surgical specialties immediately. The artistic nature of plastic surgery was particularly appealing and I soon knew that I was going to be a plastic surgeon. In hindsight, I feel so blessed with my decision to become a plastic surgeon, I love my job and am so happy at work on a daily basis.
What are your favorite procedures to perform as a plastic surgeon?
Although trained in all aspects of plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, and hand surgery my favorite plastic surgery procedures are essentially “mommy surgeries”. Our most common procedures are also the ones I enjoy the most and have achieved mastery over. This includes breast augmentation, tummy tuck, liposuction, and fat transfer plastic surgery.
What makes you unique as a plastic surgeon in Utah?
As a Utah Plastic Surgeon, several unique features set us apart from other Utah Plastic Surgeons:
- Having a very limited scope of practice has afforded me the opportunity to become an advanced expert in cosmetic plastic surgery of the breast and body.
- My key staff has been with me for well over a decade and patients love them. They have seen it all and can answer any breast and body plastic surgery question a patient can challenge them with.
- Our patient communication through our patient app is second to none. Starting from first contact, we are available 24/7 for text/photo and video through our HIPPA secure patient app.
- We offer unique, no-intubation, rapid recovery, anesthesia options. Our patients enjoy the easiest recovery possible after plastic surgery procedures.
Dr. Yates was born and raised in Davis County, Utah. He completed his undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. Graduating at the top of his class, he had the opportunity to pursue his training in Plastic Surgery directly out of medical school. During his six years of postgraduate plastic surgery training at the University of Missouri, he received a broad experience in all aspects of Plastic Surgery including cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, microsurgery, and hand surgery
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery is THE ONLY board that certifies plastic surgeons.
Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Only board-certified plastic surgeons are eligible for membership
Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Only board-certified plastic surgeons with an emphasis in cosmetic surgery are eligible
Member of the AMA and UMA.
- Graduated at the top of the class
- 99th percentile USMLE I board examination
- Prestigious AOA National Medical Honor Society
- Magna Cum Laude
- Four-year scholarship
After training, Dr. Yates returned to join the excellent physicians of Tanner Clinic in Layton, Utah. Among other reasons, Dr. Yates returned to have the opportunity to work alongside his father, a family practice physician in the clinic.