Plastic surgery is a unique medical specialty combining precise surgical skills and decision making with an artists eye. An artist myself, I have been blessed with these skills. It is always my goal to be the best plastic surgeon that I can for my patients in Utah and surrounding areas. Exceptional plastic surgery results in a personal, comfortable setting.
I have always felt that the best source of new patient referrals is word of mouth. For this reason I do not advertise heavily as is customary with many plastic surgeons. A happy plastic surgery patient will tell two people they are pleased; an unhappy patient will tell ten they are displeased. To this end, I am a perfectionist and have many happy patients. I hope you will find your visit to our office a comfortable, positive experience.
I would be thrilled to have you as a patient and friend, schedule a consultation today.
What makes me tick?
1) I am passionate about plastic surgery
2) I am a perfectionist and take great satisfaction in my results
3) I REALLY care that my patients are satisfied with their results
4) I am a skeptic and generally do not trust procedures that rely on technology as much as I trust my own hands/ skills
5) I hate unfounded claims made by device manufacturers to hype up a procedure, device or technique
6) When patients are asking about procedures or devices before I have heard of them I generally assume they are bogus, and they always are
7) I hate complications but admit that I have them
8) I treat the patient who has a complication as a VIP and do everything in my power to make it right
The history of Dr. Yates practice
Completing my residency program in Missouri, I excitedly returned to Utah and joined the amazing physicians at the Tanner Clinic which I had been associated with nearly my whole life. My father has been at Tanner Clinic as a Family Physician for his entire career and I am proud to follow his footsteps.
For the first several years we didn’t specialize in anything in particular offering a range of services including cosmetic surgery of the face, breast, and body as well as reconstructive surgery for deformity or cancer and complex hand surgery. As the practice filled, I found that we didn’t have enough time to offer all of these services and over the past 6 years we have taken on a facial plastic surgeon and hand surgeon while limiting the scope of our practice to cosmetic surgery of the breast and body. We are grateful to the fine patients who have helped us achieve this goal.
Dr Yates was born and raised in Davis County, Utah. He completed his undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. Graduating at the top of his class he had the opportunity to pursue his training in Plastic Surgery directly out of medical school. During his six years of postgraduate plastic surgery training at the University of Missouri he received a broad experience in all aspects of Plastic Surgery including cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, microsurgery and hand surgery
Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery is THE ONLY board that certifies plastic surgeons.
Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Only board certified plastic surgeons are eligible for membership
Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Only board certified plastic surgeons with an emphasis in cosmetic surgery are eligible
Member of the AMA and UMA.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
University of Missouri, Columbia 1997 – 2003
99th percentile national inservice examination
University of Missouri, Columbia – 2003
University of Utah School of Medicine 1993 – 1997
– Graduated at top of class
– 99th percentile USMLE I board examination
– Prestigious AOA National Medical Honor Society
University of Utah, Bachelor of Science – 1993
- Magna Cum Laude
- 4 year scholarship
After training, Dr. Yates returned to join the excellent physicians of Tanner Clinic in Layton, Utah. Among other reasons, Dr. Yates returned to have the opportunity to work alongside his father, a family practice physician in the clinic.