Fixing asymmetric breasts is a common request. Uneven or asymmetric breasts are common, in fact, EVERY woman has some asymmetry of their breasts. Often, one breast is larger than the other. It is not uncommon to have one breast which is droopier or of a different shape than the other.
What can be done to treat breasts that are uneven or not the same size?
- add volume to the smaller breast with a larger breast implant
- add volume to the smaller breast with fat transfer
- subtract volume from the larger breast with a breast reduction
- subtract volume from the larger breast with liposuction
- we will often use a combination of these techniques
What can be done to treat breasts that are not the same shape?
This depends on the exact cause of asymmetry. For a breast that is droopier than the other, a breast lift can be tailored to the patient. The same goes for uneven nipples. During breast augmentation, the breast shape can be modified by the shape of the breast implant and implant pocket position.