A mini tummy tuck is a tummy tuck of the lower abdomen.
This addresses the “pooch” of the lower abdomen. During pregnancy, the lower abdomen is particularly stretched, which can lead to looseness of the lower abdominal skin and muscle more significantly than the upper abdomen.
The general differences between a full tummy tuck and mini tummy tuck are as follows:
- A mini tummy tuck generally has a shorter scar although this is not always the case. The length of the scar is varied depending on the degree and location of loose skin
- A mini tummy tuck generally does not address the skin or muscle above the belly button.
- A new belly button is not created in a mini abdominoplasty. To simulate the change in belly button change that may occur with a mini abdominoplasty pull the skin on the lower abdomen down tightly.
- The recovery of a mini abdominoplasty is generally easier. A patient is able to walk upright right away. Sleeping in a recliner is more comfortable but not necessary.
- The cost of a mini tummy tuck is generally less.
A good way for a patient to determine if they are a good candidate for a mini abdominoplasty is to pull the lower abdomen tight. If the abdomen improves significantly with that maneuver alone, a mini abdominoplasty may be indicated. If there is still looseness of the upper abdominal skin or the belly button is unattractive, the patient may require a full tummy tuck to achieve their goals.
How much does a mini tummy tuck cost?
The fees associated with a mini tummy tuck include 1) surgeon’s fees, 2) anesthesia fees, and 3) facility fees. As Dr Yates has an in-office operating suite, the facility fee is minimal. This is a cost savings directly to the patient. For a list of the costs of common procedures performed by Dr. Yates click here.
How do I schedule a consultation or schedule surgery?
Contact Dr. Yates Layton, Utah office or feel free to email him any additional questions you may have.
Before & After
The patient desired tightening of the lower abdomen. The abdominal muscles were separated and the skin was loose when bending or sitting. She did very well with a short scar mini tummy tuck. View More.