Dr. York Yates COVID-19 Update
- Posted on: Apr 28 2020
Temporary Procedural Modifications Updated 5/6/2020
PRIOR TO SURGERY
- Please quarantine for at least a week prior to surgery. Preferably caretaker as well.
- Preoperative COVID testing will be done 5-7 days prior to surgery
DAY OF SURGERY
- We ask to have all patients arrive alone, to reduce the numbers of people in the facility and to allow for strict social distancing
- Patients will be screened upon entering the facility
- Patients and staff will be required to wear a mask and will be provided
- The patients caretaker will be called 30 minutes prior to the patient ready for discharge. The caretaker will come into the facility with a mask to review postoperative instructions
- We will not be doing any procedures that require intubation or would be expected to require mask ventilation
- The Caretaker will be asked to stay at home to assist with the recovery of the patient and to limit the risk of exposure.
- When appropriate, follow up visits will be virtually. We have found this to be an effective way of communication and less burden to the patient.
- We will encourage virtual visits for consultations, preoperative visits, and postoperative visits so long as they don’t impact the quality of care
- Virtual Visits can be done through the symplast app
- We will require masks be worn
- Please come alone
- Screening will be done upon arrival
- We will assure your safety with strict cleaning protocols
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- All of our staff members have been tested COVID-19 negative
- We have increased our already impeccable sanitary conditions
- We will be wearing masks for every patient encounter
- We have seen NO positive tests in any of our employees or patients. We are fortunate to be living and working in an area with a very low COVID-19 prevalence. This is over 50 tests and counting!
Posted in: Uncategorized