We apologize we are not currently offering facial plastic surgery procedures
Botox and Dysport help to remove fine lines and wrinkles
Neurotoxin (Botox and Dysport) injection has become the most common procedure in plastic surgery. It is noninvasive with very little down time and relatively low risks.
Botox and Dysport are purified injectable Botulinum Toxin from different manufacturers. When injected with Botox or Dysport, the facial muscles become temporarily paralyzed. The effect lasts for approximately four to six months and can be repeated. Risks of the procedure include incomplete relief of wrinkles, double vision and eyelid droop. These risks can be minimized by trusting only a qualified physician to perform the procedure. Dr. Yates provides Botox and Dysport service to the Salt Lake City metro area in Utah.
What areas are frequently treated with Botox or Dysport?
- Crows feet (muscle around the eyes)
- Frown lines (corregator muscle above the eyebrows)
- Bunny lines on top of the nose (procerus muscle)
- Worry lines on the forehead (frontalis muscle)
- Lip lines (muscle around the lips), must be a small volume to prevent abnormal mouth movement
- Armpits and palms for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) – not performed by Dr. Yates
- Trigger points for migrane headaches – not performed by Dr. Yates
How much does Botox or Dysport cost?
Dr. Yates fee is $12/ unit for Botox and $4/ unit for Dysport. However, it takes approximately three units of Dysport for an equivalent dose of Botox. The net cost per treatment area is equal. The doctor does all of his own injections. A true understanding of the anatomy is required to achieve optimal results.
Each treatment area requires around 8 units of Botox or 24 units of Dysport. Approximately $80 per area. For a list of the costs of common procedures performed by Dr. Yates click here.
Dysport (Reloxin) was FDA approved in April 2009. We are waiting for non-biased studies to make a final conclusion as to which we prefer. Currently our thought is that they are comparable products. See my blog for details.