It is very easy to undergo a plastic surgery for all sorts of cosmetic issues these days. For one thing, there are so many cosmetic and plastic surgeons practicing all over America today. This claim is backed even by the latest industry data released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), in which a total of 14.6 million cosmetic surgery procedures were performed in the U.S. for the year 2012 or a 5 percent increase compared to the 2011 figure. That said, there remains quite a challenge to find the most suitable surgeon who can help achieve your ideal body contour and facial appearance.
This is the same case with tummy tuck (or abdominoplasty) surgery. For sure there are a lot of cosmetic surgeons out there who claim capability in performing abdominoplasty – but are they good enough to give you satisfaction with the result? To achieve your desired abdominoplasty outcome, it is perhaps wise to choose the best plastic surgeon you can have to undertake tummy tuck surgery procedures. How do you spot an ideal surgeon for the said procedure? If you don’t know any surgeon yet of that caliber, you merely need to do some research.
To commence on your research, here are some guide tips to carry along:
1. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. This is probably the first thing you should look into in a plastic surgeon. If one is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, among other things, it means that he graduated from an accredited medical school, completed several years of residency training, and passed comprehensive written and oral examinations pertaining to the field.
2. Substantial Abdominoplasty Experience. The surgeon should have years of experience performing tummy tuck surgeries, not just academic training. It should not be about general surgery either, but really actual and successful abdominoplasty procedures. One way to track the record of a surgeon is through testimonials of past patients.
3. Good Communicator. A surgeon may be exceptional in the operating room, but it is of no use if he is unable to communicate well in soliciting your specific cosmetic goals. Good communication is important as well whenever the surgeon provides particular instructions before, during, and after abdominoplasty operation.
4. Innovation and Safety. An ideal tummy tuck surgeon utilizes the latest and effective surgical innovations in facilitating his impressive surgical skills. However, he should foremost look into the safety of his surgeries and the welfare of his patients.
5. Genuine Care. This is quite tricky to gauge as this is very subjective and depends on your personal encounter with the surgeon. However, a good way to determine if your surgeon has genuine care for your beauty and wellness is if he provides ample time to explain in detail his pre-op and post-op instructions. Moreover, the surgeon should sincerely strive to minimize the surgical risks and encourage faster healing.
Utah Plastic Surgeon Dr. Yates performs masterful tummy tuck surgeries. With vast training and experience, the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is known for his keen attention to details resulting in successful abdominoplasty procedures. Dr. Yates tailors his procedures to the specific conditions and needs of each patient. With fully accredited facilities, he performs most of his surgeries inside his accredited Office Operating Room in Utah. This is one way to reduce facility fees in hospitals and to further minimize surgery risks. Upon consultation, you will feel confident that you have found the ideal tummy tuck surgeon in Dr. York Yates.
-blog post courtesy of E6 Interactive.