Choosing the best breast implant size is usually the most difficult decision for a breast augmentation patient to make. Here are a few tips to help make breast implant sizing a little easier.
- Review lots of breast augmentation before and after photos. Pay attention to the breast implant volume (cc’s) more than the cup size. Bra sizes are not standardized. Find a patient with a similar body type and breast size to get an idea of how that implant would look on you.
- Schedule more than one consultation with experienced plastic surgeons. Get a couple of opinions regarding your ideal breast implant size.
- Know what you want. Do you desire to be proportionate to the rest of your body? Tastefully obvious? Overdone? Make sure your plastic surgeon has a good idea of your goals, so that he/she can guide you appropriately.
- Try on breast implants. This can be done at the time of the consultation and at home. Most plastic surgeons will have “sizer” breast implants for you to try on at the time of the consultation. At home, a bag or nylons filled with a known volume of rice can be worn throughout the day. There are also commercial home breast implant sizing kits available.
- Do 3D breast imaging. This is an incredible new tool for breast implant sizing. There are only a couple of 3D breast imaging centers in the Salt Lake City, Utah area. I am proud to say that we are one. This allows you to see the results and really helps with communication and sizing. A new website has a 3D imaging online demonstration of the Vectra technology that we use, this is another helpful resource.
1 thought on “How do I pick my breast implant size?”
Pingback: My Homepage
Comments are closed.